A few pics of my adventures into my shell macro world :
Technically, getting the focus right in macro is always a bit tricky [ I’m still learning what my lens can do] and I know that really patient photographers do ‘focus stacking’ – taking many shots with different focal points and then merging them into one whole with everything sharp. However – I haven’t got that sort of concentration , not to mention the acquired back-ache from sitting too long at pc plus I’m useless with Layers. But, on the other hand, I’m quite happy to have one spot in the image sharp[ish] with the softer areas leaving a bit ‘mystery’. Normally, to get everything in focus I would use a higher f number but when using my macro lens – the higher the number, the more temperamental the camera gets. Well- that’s the end of my excuses folks….
Hope to see you again tomorrow …. Eileen
Thought I would get a bit more ‘arty’ this time and go for a softer look. This is the centre of a yellow tulip.
Same image – different colour. I use a prog called ON1 sometimes and the title of this is taken from one of their effects.
Back to normal tulip colour for this one.
I hope I’m not flogging the water drops on petals to death here! But I do enjoy playing around with them as you never know what gems you’ll end up with ….
I really liked the colour of this one ….
The weather is supposed to get really good this week so I’ll be visiting the Ifield Pond again. I went last week in bright sunshine and forgot to adjust the exposure number on my camera – which spells disaster when photographing swans as their pure whiteness gets blown out and un-rescuable [if there is such a word?] Plus – I wore sunglasses and I ended up not knowing what I was viewing while trying to juggle specs and camera – daft ‘apeth! The swans have 6 babies now and I did get some adequate shots of them, but overall I was disappointed and disgusted with myself…. I hope I can learn from my mistakes though.
till next time, Eileen
It was a very rainy day yesterday, so I decided to play around with some sheets of white printing paper. It was an idea I picked up from one of my many photography books. The paper is stapled at strategic points to get the required rhythmic patterns . I then used my Paintshop Pro to soften this one.
This one I had fun with using a plug-in called Virtual Photogapher. The effect is called ‘blush’. Although it’s a one-click job you can also use a slider [ or in my case Paintshop] to further adjust.
And lastly – this effect is called dreamy.